Movie Opener Brainstorming & Research

Rise- I love the opening and all its elements, the music, the lighting, and the edit with the equipment dropping on the floor, as well as all the shots when he was playing soccer. It was well done, but I was confused on what the film is about. 

Offline- The music throughout was nice, and I like the transitions from the flashback shots to her current situation. 

Dear Lover- I like the calm music as well as the nature shots for the opening. I thought the storyline was well written and interesting. The voice over and the overall production was nice.

Dare to Thrill- I don't like the writing font for the credits in the beginning because it was sort of hard to read. The music is a little too loud because I can't hear what they are saying. The car shots were nice. It left me confused, so I think there should have been more context.

Always watching- The sound is nice, and it gave me and unsettling feeling which corresponds to the main idea of the film. I like the shot switching between the two characters in the mirror. The storyline is also good, but I felt like the main character wanted to laugh in every scene, which was kind of distracting. 

The Blur Boar- I love the costume because it brings the audience to the intended era of the film. I also like the dialect as well as the music/background effects.

White Coat- I like the sounds that was used and the opening shots, and I think the lighting fits the scenes. I was confused at first because I thought the doctor and the patient were in the same room.

Stalker- In the beginning, I felt like the sound effect was delayed comparing to her actions. The film was very quiet in between the sound effects, and I think the shots of the car was uncorrelated. However, the overall sequence was good.

Nostalgia- I like the sound, I think it fits well with the storyline. I like the production and the transitions shots between the character and her past.

Summary

Some of the film had very unique storylines and productions which I really enjoyed, and I would like to incorporate similar things to my film opening. I will definitely include music throughout my video because I preferred the ones that had it in oppose to the ones that only had sound effects with silence in between. I realized that the font and color of the opening credit is really important. There are some transitioning shot which I think are really cool and well executed, and those are very crucial throughout the film. The lighting also plays an important role depending on the film genre. In addition, I realize that dialogue is not really a must, and that the storyline can be portrayed with images and actions only.  I found the videos to be really helpful and gave me ideas of how I want my film opening to look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing week 1

Editing week 2