Five Master Edits With Sound

 


Music- I added a sketchy sound of playing violin to the first clip in the contrast edit. This is suppose to enhance the fakeness of the flowers as well as the contrast between the two clips. The music helps to provide feeling of uneasiness. In the second clip, I added a calm music to showcase how the real flower is more delicate and soft, which provides a feeling of calmness.

Direct sound- Direct sound is all the sound that the characters can hear when filming the scene. In the parallelism edit, I left the original sound of my parents voices talking in the background. It enhance the busyness of the city, and how there are many activities happening simultaneously. In the first clip of my example of simultaneity, I kept the original sound of the song that is playing on the radio. It can make the viewers feel intense or concerned because there isn't much activities going, and the car seems isolated with only the radio playing. These are also examples of diegetic sound.

post-synchronization dubbing- This describes when someone adds relevant sound to a scene after it is filmed. For the first parallelism scene, I incorporated the sound of birds chirping. It helps the viewers feel calmness and enhance how simple and peaceful the earth was long ago, before buildings. In the second clip, even though I kept the original sound, I also added sound of cars and honking. It showcase the bustling and noises that are found in the city. in addition. I also added post synchronization in the second clip of my simultaneity edit. I incorporated the sound of someone walking in heels in an hollow hallway, which makes the footsteps resonate louder. This allows the viewers to feel anxious. Also, since it appears as if I am the only one in the store, the viewers could feel uneasy or scared.

Sound bridge- For my leitmotif edit, I let the music play throughout all the clips. The music that I chose can make the audience feel rush and nervous that something is about to happen. It also shows that time is running out, since a clock is shown in all the clips.

Synchronous sound- In my example of symbolism, I added sounds that matches the movement or action shown. In the first clip, I added trees swaying in the wind sound to match the tree that is shown. In the second clip, I added sound of paper to match the paper falling down. They provide more clarity to the viewers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing week 1

Editing week 2